Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ begins provision of Zero-Trust, remote access service Cato Cloud in over 190 countries
Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ America October 14, 2021
One-stop, global support through overseas subsidiariesÆß²ÊÖ±²¥ has begun global provision of Cato Cloud, a service providing high-quality Zero-Trust*1, secure remote work environments, starting from April 2021, and now, Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ America, will start from October 14th, 2021. Cato Cloud combines network functionality and security functionality on the cloud, making unified global security policy operation possible. The service is being simultaneously provided by Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ and its overseas subsidiaries, allowing it to provide one-stop support from installation to operation and maintenance, all around the globe.
- In Japan, with the spread of Work From Home, more companies have set up remote access environments, strengthened security, and begun using cloud services.
- While their remote work environment in Japan may be good, Japanese corporations¡¯ overseas subsidiaries have many issues such as per-location management, a lack of engineers, and differences in security policy and usability.
- Furthermore, for companies with large numbers of offices and personnel located globally, there is a need for accessing a variety of cloud-based SaaS applications from remote work environments around the world. Network infrastructure and security measures are needed that do not interfere with users¡¯ ability to use such applications.
About Cato Cloud
- Of the six components to Æß²ÊÖ±²¥'s "Managed Zero-Trust*2", this service falls under the security and network categories. It is a cloud service that makes possible high-security remote access in over 190 countries and areas.
- This service provides both network and security functionality on a cloud, allowing a unified security policy to be used worldwide and ensuring a high level of safety.
- Through optimally routing traffic for cloud services such as SaaS-type applications, Cato Cloud improves performance for bandwidth-dependent operations like file uploading and downloading.
- By using Cato Cloud together with another Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ service, "Global IP-VPN", a remote access environment can easily be added to an existing global network.
Regarding the beginning of Æß²ÊÖ±²¥¡¯s provision of Cato Cloud, Cato Networks, Ltd. CEO and founder Shlomo Kramer said the following (not an exact quote due to translation): "Now that companies are using clouds and they have users working from any number of locations, the old approach of only connecting branch offices to a data center is no longer effective. Today¡¯s enterprise networks require agility, safety and flexibility, and the connection of all edges (branch offices, data centers, cloud resources and remote users) to a single global network. By using Cato Cloud, Æß²ÊÖ±²¥¡¯s customers will obtain such a solution and become able to safely access corporate resources from around the world, without sacrificing performance or management visibility. I look forward to working with Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ to support the world¡¯s IT leaders in using the power of Cato Cloud."
Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ will continue to support customers worldwide in bringing innovate workstyles to reality through the one-stop provision of "Managed Zero-Trust" components such as device, network, ID and cloud services.
See below for more information.
Cato Cloud features
- Provides network and security features on a cloud, making secure remote work environments possible for over 190 countries/areas.
- Through over 60 PoPs*3 around the world, routing for cloud applications is optimized, improving the end-user experience.
- By using Cato Cloud together with ¡°Global IP-VPN¡±, another Æß²ÊÖ±²¥-provided service, a global remote access environment can be easily added on to an existing network environment.
- Cato Cloud is provided from Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ Japan, Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ Europe, Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ Singapore as well as Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ America. One-stop support for everything from planning to implantation to maintenance.
- Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ uses its experience as a global telecommunications company to provide local, 24-hour, 365-day customer support in Japanese and English.
- Going forward, as optional services Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ will provide service desk support and support for when security incidents occur.
Date of provision startOctober 14th, 2021
Where corporate customers can send inquiriesPlease ask your sales contact at Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ America or use the Inquiry Form.
£¨For reference£©The 6 components of Æß²ÊÖ±²¥'s "Managed Zero-Trust*2"Æß²ÊÖ±²¥ considers there to be six components to the creation of the Zero-Trust model, and lists them as part of its "Managed Zero-Trust" concept. Cato Cloud falls under the Security and Networks components.
- *1Zero-Trust is a high-security model of not trusting any traffic, whether it is internal or external to a network. When devices access services they are audited and have their logs acquired.
- *2Managed Zero-Trust refers to Æß²ÊÖ±²¥¡¯s provision of optimal solutions for customers seeking Zero-Trust networks, at each step of the way and matched to the customer¡¯s infrastructure. It also refers to Æß²ÊÖ±²¥¡¯s management and one-stop provision of the 6 Zero-Trust components.
- *3Abbreviation for Point of Presence. Refers to the nearest connection point (site) from which a user accesses this service.
- *The information contained in the news releases is current at the time of publication. Products, service fees,service content and specifications, contact information, and other details are subject to change without notice.